FOOD & BEVERAGE
VOCABULARY PRACTICE (Choose the right word)
Talking about specific travel destinations 1
Fill in each blank with the correct word. If both words can be used, choose the one that sounds more
in each situation.
1. TOKYO is an
2. WARSAW's old town was
after World War II (WWII).
3. One of PRAGUE's most beautiful landmarks, the Hradcany,
atop a hill overlooking the city.
4. LONDON has a very good
5. MEXICO CITY has a
( =thriving) arts scene.
6. The main sights of LOS ANGELES are
across the city. You'll need a car to see them all.
7. BANGKOK's climate is tropical, so you won't need to bring your
8. BUENOS AIRES has a very European
to it, despite being in South America.
9. Despite having lots of
architecture, ROME is one of Europe's most fashionable cities.
10. BORA BORA is not for travelers on a
. ( = travelers looking to save money)
BACK TO LIST OF EXERCISES
WANT MORE EXERCISES?
Get our worksheet packet!
OUR OTHER SITES:
(c)2007-2024 EnglishForMyJob.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.