FOOD & BEVERAGE
ENGLISH FOR THE CATERING INDUSTRY
General vocabulary 1
Fill in each blank with the correct word. If both words can be used, choose the one that sounds more
in each situation:
1. We're looking for someone to cater our wedding
. ( = the party after a wedding)
2. To put together a temporary kitchen = To
a temporary kitchen
3. Do you have a general
in mind? ( = how much money are you willing to spend?)
4. Our company has been catering large-
events for over 15 years.
5. Many catering companies cook on
( = at the location where the food is served/on-premise).
6. We've unloaded all the
( = items needed to cook) from the truck, so we can begin to set everything up. ( = organize everything to start cooking)
7. Will this be an indoor event or an
8. I'm assuming you would like the food served
9. No, we would like it to be a
10. All of our servers have a good
of the English language. ( = speak/understand English well)
Back to list of exercises
WANT TO GET 80 OF OUR EXERCISES IN ONE DOWNLOAD?
Get our worksheet bundle!
OUR OTHER SITES:
(c)2007-2023 EnglishForMyJob.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.